Judith-Karoline Mussel, LEEDAP, founder and principal of XP& Architecture has more than 18 years of experience at prestigious firms including Gehry Partners, NBBJ Sports & Entertainment and Coop Himmelblau.
Gehry Partners, Los Angeles, CA
Associate, Designer, 2001-06
Significant Projects include: Beekman Tower, 74 Story Mixed Use High Rise in Manhattan, New York; 10 Story Office Building, New York; and Winnick Institute, Jerusalem, Israel
- Created the design of curtain wall & floor plan layout of Beekman apartment tower in New York (74 stories), after 100 such proposals were rejected. Despite exacting design demands, limited budget and construction constrains, successfully managed the process and a staff of 5, completing the project and beating the expectation of the client.
- Designing four large glass roof structures for the Museum of Tolerance in Jerusalem to comply with regulations of the European structural engineers and met the design approval of Frank Gehry. Used advanced technology to work out the system with engineers in detail and supervised the design. Personally recognized by Frank Gehry for contribution to the project’s success.
- Managed and organized the curtain wall design and team in concert with the contractors completing construction documents for a 158,540 sq.ft. office building in NY. Solved complex geometry of curtain wall with 3d computer model and 2d detail drawings. Coordinated consultants: mechanical, structural, electrical and plumbing engineers.
Coop Himmelblau, Vienna, Austria
Consultant, 2009: Pavilion 21, Mini Opera Space, Munich
As a consultant Judith K. Mussel worked together with the General Contractor: Frener & Reifer Metallbau GmbH Augsburg, Germany to transform the innovative design to a build environment. Judith was hired because of her expertise to work in advanced 3d computer software on construction documentation, coordinate with the contractor to help facilitate easy construction.
NBBJ, Los Angeles, CA
- Design of roof structure & plan layout for the Eagles Stadium, Philadelphia
- CAD Management, construction drawings, coordinating consultants, 3d computer modeling, representation drawings and movies
- Staples Center, Los Angeles
- Bengals Stadium, Cincinnati